Friday, February 11, 2011

Trumpeted


Every once and a while we are fortunate to meet new, refreshing people. People who make us smile and, in this instance, make us think. Would jazz be jazz had I not known you? Would a trumpet just be a trumpet if it weren't for your persistent and unwavering determination to continue to find new ways to say the same things that we all can identify with. The black and whiteness of your decision that say I am over am not a trumpet player shows when you travel and 'she' is only a hop, skip and a jump away. In order to be great you have to be determined and that is what I see in you. A classic man of Jazz injected with a tenacious zeal to hold on to the one thing that you can love unconditionally and without fear, your horn. Excuse me, trumpet. If I am still out of line for not using her name forgive me, because know I know you love her.

4 comments:

  1. Man, if a picture was worth a thousand words......That lighting is classic. Imma have to hire you as my journalist. Lol. Your writing style is crazy unique. Speechless....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Standing Ovation!!!!!!! Great write. And yes Jamaal he definitely has a way with words. I love the black and white in this pic. It does give it a classic feel. Great shot Terrence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ J. This moment is all because of you. Thanks for the compliments but more importantly thanks for taking the road less travelled and bringing a unique voice to the family. You stand alone and unrivalled in your quest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Angela you know I am trying to bring 3 worlds together: writing, photography and my version of how I see things. So thanks for you compliments and support throughout! Now back to mixing! lol!

    ReplyDelete