Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Nikon


I have always enjoyed taking pictures, always. In the beginning, I was more interested in taking pictures of people and events that I was apart of. If for no other reason than to say that I was there and here's the proof. I had no aspirations to make my portraits do more than speak to the moment. Coincidently, on the other side of the coin, I love to write poetry. I love a good abstract poem. Something to carry my mind from one cliff to another with out the slightest fear of falling. Recently I had an epiphanny. I asked myself, "Why not make your portraits speak abstractly and lead your mind as your poems do?" Give your audience an extension of your poetry in the form of a picture.
So this Christmas when my wife bought me a Nikon Coolpix P100, I knew it was time to elevate my game and take that step towards becoming a more refined photographer.

2 comments:

  1. This is an amazing shot. You captured so much. The ocean is an absolutely beautiful blue. The people seem to be so relaxed. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could show them the warm windiness of the day that we felt. What a day!

    ReplyDelete